Set Up Terms
You can define terms to improve business understanding and use of data.
On the term’s detail page, you can do the following:
Mark the term as a Critical Data Element by clicking the toggle.
NOTE: When you mark a term as a Critical Data Element, you indicate that the asset has priority over other non-critical assets. This is for documentation purposes only.
- Provide more context for a term by completing the Additional Information field. For example, an explanation about why a term is considered a Critical Data Element can be provided.
- Create a relationship to an asset. Refer to Add a Relationship to an Asset for more information.
- Assign a category to a term. Refer to Apply Categories to Assets for more information.
- Add a subject matter expert (SME)
- Share the URL for the term
- Add External References to the term
- Comment on a term
- Add a field to a term